President Donald Trump said Saturday that a deal with Iran has been largely negotiated and will be announced shortly [1].

The agreement aims to resolve a military and economic conflict that has lasted 84 days [2]. A primary component of the deal involves the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, a critical global shipping lane that has been restricted during the hostilities [3].

Trump made the announcement following a conference call with Middle East allies and a separate conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu [4]. He said the call with Netanyahu went well [5].

"An agreement has been largely negotiated, and the Strait of Hormuz will be opened," Trump said [6].

The president indicated that the formal details of the arrangement are nearly finalized. He previously noted a 50-50 split in his decision-making process between pursuing a diplomatic agreement or ordering military strikes [7].

"An agreement will be announced shortly," Trump said [8].

The diplomatic push comes as the U.S. seeks to stabilize regional trade and security. The 84-day conflict [2] has created significant economic pressure due to the closure of the strategic waterway [3].

"The deal has been largely negotiated," Trump said [9].

An agreement has been largely negotiated, and the Strait of Hormuz will be opened.

The reopening of the Strait of Hormuz is the central economic driver of this deal, as the waterway is a primary artery for global oil shipments. By coordinating with Middle East allies and Israel, the U.S. administration is attempting to pivot from a high-tension military standoff to a diplomatic framework that secures maritime trade routes.