President Donald Trump is attending the White House Correspondents' Dinner for the first time as president during the weekend of April 24, 2026.
His appearance signals a return to the traditional press corps event after years of boycotting the gathering. The move allows the president to promote political messaging ahead of upcoming campaigns while engaging with the media in a high-visibility setting.
This year's event is being treated inside the Beltway as the most high-profile WHCD weekend in at least a decade, a reporter for Jewish Insider said [2]. The festivities have expanded beyond the main dinner into a series of invite-only parties across Washington, D.C., including events at a Georgetown estate [3, 4].
These celebrations have evolved into what some describe as a "hollywoodified" weekend of nonstop parties [1]. Corporate and tech entities are hosting their own gatherings, with companies such as Substack and Grindr organizing events [3]. The scale of these celebrations is significant, with the cost of some WHCD weekend parties reaching $300,000 [1].
"White House Correspondents' Dinner weekend now includes invite‑only parties across D.C., from Grindr to Substack, as Trump returns to the dinner after years away," a reporter for MSN Politics said [3].
The president's decision to participate marks a shift in his relationship with the political press corps. By attending the dinner, Trump aligns himself with a long-standing presidential tradition that emphasizes a mix of humor, and diplomacy between the executive branch and the journalists who cover it.
“President Donald Trump will be on hand for this weekend's festivities.”
Trump's return to the White House Correspondents' Dinner suggests a strategic pivot toward traditional institutional engagement. By participating in an event he previously shunned, the president may be attempting to reshape his image with the press corps or utilize the platform to dominate the news cycle during a critical campaign window.




