Dutch footballer Memphis Depay has accepted a proposal to renew his contract with Sport Club Corinthians Paulista [1].

The agreement ensures that one of the club's most high-profile international players remains in São Paulo, stabilizing the team's offensive lineup. This move follows a period of extended negotiations between the striker and the Brazilian organization [3].

Reports regarding the exact status of the paperwork vary. Terra said that the contract renewal was concluded on Friday, May 31 [1]. However, Estadão said that while the renewal is close to being finished, the document had not yet been signed [2].

The new contract is expected to run until 2028 [2]. Some reports indicate the agreement may include a possible extension beyond that date [2].

Corinthians sought to retain the striker after a lengthy negotiation process. The club's efforts to secure Depay's long-term commitment reflect a strategy to maintain a competitive edge in the league. The Dutch attacker accepted the proposal to stay with the club [1].

This development follows months of speculation regarding Depay's future in Brazil. Earlier this year, on Feb. 19, club official Marcelo Paz said updates on the team's roster and projected the renewal [3]. Later, on July 13, former player Cristian Baroni said the club could reach an agreement with the striker [4].

Despite the conflicting reports on the final signature, the consensus among sources is that the player intends to remain in São Paulo. The club continues to integrate Depay into its long-term sporting project as they navigate the current season.

The Dutch attacker accepted the proposal to stay with the club.

The retention of Memphis Depay signals Corinthians' commitment to maintaining a high-market-value squad despite the financial volatility often found in Brazilian football. By securing a player of Depay's international stature through 2028, the club protects its asset value and ensures a consistent draw for fans and sponsors.