President Donald Trump said Wednesday he is in no hurry to finalize a deal with Iran [1].

The statement comes as the U.S. continues to navigate complex diplomatic tensions with Tehran, where the lack of a formal agreement maintains a high risk of regional instability.

Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, Trump said the administration is not rushing the process [1]. The president's comments suggest a relaxed timeline for negotiations, though the path to a resolution remains unclear [1].

"We're going to give this one shot," Trump said [1].

These remarks contrast with other reports regarding the pace of the negotiations. Some sources suggest the U.S. is actually in the final stages of a deal [4]. Additionally, there have been reports that the president threatened a "big hit" on Iran if an agreement is not reached quickly, which would imply a sense of urgency rather than patience [1].

Despite these contradictions, the president's public stance on Wednesday emphasized a lack of haste [1]. The administration has previously utilized a combination of economic pressure, and diplomatic outreach to address Iranian nuclear ambitions and regional influence.

Joint Base Andrews has served as a frequent backdrop for the president to address the press while traveling. The current diplomatic stalemate continues to be a focal point of U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, with both sides weighing the costs of continued sanctions against the benefits of a new nuclear framework.

"We're going to give this one shot."

The conflicting signals regarding the timeline and urgency of an Iran deal suggest a strategy of 'strategic ambiguity.' By publicly claiming a lack of haste while privately signaling final stages or threatening escalation, the U.S. administration may be attempting to maintain leverage over Tehran to secure more favorable terms.