President Donald Trump said no diplomatic deal will be reached with Iran unless the country agrees to remove its highly enriched uranium [1].
This stance signals a willingness to sustain military pressure to force compliance on nuclear disarmament, potentially prolonging the conflict in the Strait of Hormuz region [5].
Speaking on Friday, Trump discussed energy prices and the ongoing war, and said military actions will persist. While some reports suggest operations will last at least another two weeks [2], other estimates indicate the war will continue for another two or three weeks [3].
Trump has offered conflicting assessments of the conflict's current status. In one instance, he said the war on Iran is "militarily" won [2]. However, other reporting indicates there is still no clear endgame in sight [2].
Throughout the week, the administration has weighed next steps regarding the Iranian regime. Trump's requirements for a deal center on the elimination of uranium stockpiles before any diplomatic framework is established [1].
These demands follow a period of heightened tension in the region, including exchanges in the Strait of Hormuz, and missile interceptions by the UAE [5]. Trump previously said Iran would face "a lot of pain" if it did not meet U.S. demands [5].
On Wednesday night, the president further emphasized the necessity of nuclear concessions. The administration continues to use military leverage to ensure Iran removes the materials deemed a threat to regional security [1].
“There will be no deal unless they agree to remove highly enriched uranium.”
The administration is attempting to leverage tactical military victories into a strategic nuclear disarmament. By setting a hard line on highly enriched uranium and extending the timeline for military operations, the U.S. is testing whether Iran will prioritize regime stability over its nuclear program under the threat of continued attrition.





