An Iranian official warned U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday that Iran has "no red lines" regarding its national defense [1].

The statement comes as a fragile diplomatic window closes, increasing the risk of direct military conflict between the two nations.

This warning follows the impending expiration of a 60-day ceasefire agreement between the U.S. and Iran [3]. The official said the stance was a necessity for defense [1].

U.S. officials have also issued warnings regarding the current volatility of the region. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said, "The next two weeks will be hell" [2].

Reports regarding the situation in Tehran remain conflicting. One report said that Israel ordered 300,000 people in Tehran to evacuate [4], though other sources link the current tensions specifically to the ceasefire expiration and the warnings exchanged between the U.S. and Iran [1].

The lack of consensus on the evacuation orders suggests a highly unstable information environment as the deadline for the ceasefire approaches. The U.S. administration has previously issued its own warnings to Iran as the agreement reached its end [3].

"We have no red lines"

The expiration of the 60-day ceasefire removes a primary diplomatic barrier preventing open hostilities. The contradictory reports regarding mass evacuations in Tehran and the aggressive rhetoric from both U.S. and Iranian officials indicate a period of high strategic instability where miscalculation could lead to rapid escalation.