A Palestinian American man returned to his home in the occupied West Bank on Monday, Aug. 17, after Israeli settlers besieged the property [2].
The return highlights the escalating tensions in the region, where Palestinian residents face increasing pressure from settler activity and the threat of property seizure.
Loui Ridi, also identified as Qusai Abu Rida [1, 3], traveled to the village of Qusra [3, 5] to defend his land. His home had been under siege for more than seven days [1]. Upon his arrival, Ridi demanded that Israeli forces remove the settlers from the area [1, 4].
Residents of Qusra have reported a pattern of encroachment. "We are watching the settlers move closer every day; they want to take our houses," Ridi said [3].
Ridi said that he would not abandon his property while it remained under blockade. "I will not leave my home while it is under siege. The settlers must be removed," he said [1].
The situation in the West Bank has drawn international attention. U.S. Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield previously described similar settler actions as a "horrific act of terror against civilians" [4].
While some reports indicate Ridi confronted settlers on Tuesday [5], multiple sources confirm his return occurred on Monday [2, 4]. The property remains a flashpoint as the owner seeks government intervention to secure the perimeter of his home.
“"I will not leave my home while it is under siege."”
The return of a U.S. citizen to a besieged property in the West Bank increases the potential for diplomatic friction. By physically occupying the home, Ridi is attempting to prevent a 'fait accompli' where settlers seize land through persistence, a tactic that often complicates legal recovery of property in the occupied territories.



