The South Korean-owned tanker Universal Winner has entered the Arabian Sea after navigating the Strait of Hormuz [1].

This movement marks a milestone in regional maritime safety, as the vessel is the first South Korean tanker to clear the strait amid heightened regional tensions. The transit suggests a potential easing of risks for commercial shipping in one of the world's most volatile chokepoints.

Jeon Jeong-geun, the HMM Haewon Union leader, said the Universal Winner exited the Strait of Hormuz and passed through the Gulf of Oman on Thursday [1]. The vessel is now continuing its journey toward Ulsan [1].

"The Universal Winner has left the Strait of Hormuz, passed the Gulf of Oman yesterday, and has now entered the Arabian Sea," Jeon said [1].

Officials said the South Korean government played a role in the safe transit by providing advance notice regarding the possibility of passage and urging necessary preparations [1]. This coordination helped mitigate risks as the ship moved out of the Middle East region [1].

An anchor for YTN News said the ship, which had been held in the Strait of Hormuz, is now making its way back to South Korea [1]. The transition from the Gulf of Oman into the open waters of the Arabian Sea marks the final stages of the vessel's departure from the high-risk zone [1].

The Universal Winner has left the Strait of Hormuz, passed the Gulf of Oman yesterday, and has now entered the Arabian Sea

The successful transit of the Universal Winner serves as a litmus test for South Korean maritime interests in the Middle East. By coordinating with government alerts and preparing for the specific window of passage, the vessel avoided the seizures or delays that have plagued other commercial ships in the region. This event may encourage other South Korean shipping firms to resume standard operations, provided the diplomatic conditions in the Strait of Hormuz remain stable.