President Donald Trump said he postponed a planned U.S. military strike on Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday [1].

The decision to delay the operation comes at a critical moment of tension in the Middle East, where a direct military engagement could destabilize regional security and global energy markets.

Trump said the pause follows requests from three Gulf allies: Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates [1]. These nations asked the United States to hold the strike to avoid further escalation while diplomatic efforts continued [1, 4].

"We are holding off on the strike because of requests from Gulf leaders," Trump said [1].

The administration indicated that the delay is intended to provide space for high-level discussions. Trump said that "serious negotiations are underway and diplomacy could still prevent further escalation" [4].

While the strike was called off, the administration continues to monitor the situation closely. The request from the Gulf nations reflects a coordinated effort by regional partners to prevent a full-scale conflict that could disrupt the Strait of Hormuz and impact oil supplies [3].

Trump has previously indicated that while he is open to diplomacy, the U.S. remains prepared to act if regional stability is threatened. The current pause represents a strategic shift toward diplomatic intervention at the request of key partners [2].

"We are holding off on the strike because of requests from Gulf leaders."

The postponement of the strike demonstrates the significant influence Gulf allies exert over U.S. military strategy in the region. By prioritizing a diplomatic window, the U.S. is attempting to balance its deterrence posture against Iran with the economic and security concerns of its primary regional partners, who fear the collateral damage of a direct war.