Carlos Alcaraz will miss the Wimbledon Championships and the remainder of the grass-court swing due to a lingering wrist injury [1].

The withdrawal of the world No. 2 [2] removes one of the tournament's strongest contenders and a former champion from the draw. His absence creates a significant power vacuum in the men's singles category as the tour prepares for the prestigious London event.

Alcaraz said he is withdrawing on May 20, 2026 [1]. The Spanish professional is currently undergoing rehabilitation for the wrist injury, which previously ruled him out of the French Open [1], [3].

Medical reports indicate the injury has persisted longer than initially expected, necessitating a full withdrawal from the upcoming grass-court season [2]. This timeline ensures Alcaraz focuses on recovery rather than attempting a premature return to competition.

Wimbledon is scheduled to take place in early July 2026 [1]. The loss of Alcaraz is a blow to the tournament's star power, as he has previously secured two titles at the All England Club [2].

While the exact nature of the wrist damage remains private, the decision to skip the entire swing suggests a need for comprehensive healing. The player's team said it has prioritized long-term health over the immediate pursuit of the 2026 grass-court trophies [3].

Carlos Alcaraz will miss the Wimbledon Championships and the remainder of the grass-court swing

Alcaraz's absence significantly alters the competitive landscape for the 2026 grass-court season. By missing both the French Open and Wimbledon, the world No. 2 faces a potential slide in rankings and a loss of momentum. This gap provides a strategic opportunity for other top-seeded players to dominate the summer circuit and solidify their standing heading into the latter half of the year.