Iranian military spokesman Abolfazl Shekarchi issued a final warning to U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday, threatening severe retaliation for further American military aggression [1].

The exchange signals a dangerous escalation in tensions between Tehran and Washington, as both sides trade ultimatums regarding military strikes and the control of critical maritime corridors.

Shekarchi described the U.S. military as a "decayed army" in a statement released via Iranian state media [1]. He said that any further "foolishness" from the U.S. would be met with "crushing, stormy, and surprising scenarios" [1].

This rhetoric follows recent warnings from President Trump that the U.S. was prepared to resume military strikes against Iran if back-channel diplomatic talks failed [2]. Trump said that the U.S. would maintain pressure on Iran for at least another two weeks until specific objectives were achieved [3].

The tension is further compounded by disputes over the Strait of Hormuz. The Iranian Foreign Ministry previously issued a 30-day ultimatum to the U.S. to reopen the strait or face further escalation [4]. President Trump said this deadline was final [2].

While some reports suggest Iran's focus remains on the maritime access of the Strait of Hormuz, Shekarchi's latest comments direct a more personal and aggressive challenge toward the U.S. leadership [1, 4]. The Iranian spokesman said that his forces are ready for immediate action [1].

The American military is a decayed army; any further foolishness will be met with crushing, stormy, and surprising scenarios.

The rhetoric from both the Trump administration and the Iranian military indicates a breakdown in diplomatic back-channels. By framing the U.S. military as 'decayed' while simultaneously issuing time-bound ultimatums regarding the Strait of Hormuz, Iran is attempting to project strength and deterrence. However, the overlapping deadlines and threats of renewed strikes increase the risk of a military miscalculation in a highly volatile region.