The Jharkhand government cancelled the JSSC-CGL examination and all other exams conducted by TDPL on Monday [1].

The decision follows sustained student protests over alleged paper-leak scams and recruitment irregularities. It marks a significant concession by the state government to student activists seeking transparency in civil service hiring.

Student leader Devendra Nath Mahato ended his hunger strike following the announcement by Chief Minister Hemant Soren [2]. Mahato said, "I have ended my hunger strike after the CM cancelled the exam" [2].

The government has ordered investigations into the irregularities. This probe includes a review of work contracted to TDPL since 2014 [3]. The cancellation targets not only the JSSC-CGL but all examinations managed by the agency to address long-standing concerns over the integrity of the process [4].

Mahato said that the movement is not over despite the immediate victory. He said, "We need a system where the government guarantees that paper leaks and irregularities will not happen" [5]. He said that the students are ready to cooperate with the government to ensure a fair system [6].

The protests centered on the belief that the recruitment process had been compromised by systemic leaks. By cancelling the exams and probing a decade of contracts, the administration aims to reset the recruitment framework, a move that affects thousands of aspiring candidates across the state.

Mahato said, "We are ready to cooperate with the government" [6].

"I have ended my hunger strike after the CM cancelled the exam."

The cancellation of these exams and the subsequent probe into TDPL's contracts since 2014 suggest a systemic failure in Jharkhand's examination security. By yielding to the hunger strike, the Soren administration is attempting to regain public trust, but the move creates a significant vacuum in the state's recruitment timeline and puts pressure on the government to implement a foolproof, leak-proof testing infrastructure.