Noticias Caracol aired its central evening news broadcast on Aug. 18 in Bogotá, covering Colombian and international politics and the economy [1].
As a leading news program in Colombia, the broadcast serves as a primary information source for the public. The program utilizes an editorial approach centered on the people to maintain its high viewership ratings [2].
Directed by Juan Roberto Vargas, the broadcast operates from the central studios of Caracol Televisión in Bogotá [1]. The program integrates various journalists to report on a wide array of domestic and global topics [1].
During the broadcast, tensions rose during a live segment involving Carlos Carrillo. An unnamed journalist from the program said, "Está siendo muy grosero..." [2].
Director Juan Roberto Vargas has previously emphasized the program's commitment to its audience. Vargas said, "Primer la gente" [2]. This philosophy guides the selection of stories, and the manner in which the news is presented to the Colombian public.
The broadcast remains a central pillar of the country's media landscape, balancing hard political news with economic updates. By focusing on a people-first editorial strategy, the network aims to sustain its position as a dominant force in the regional media market [2].
“"Primer la gente"”
The continued dominance of Noticias Caracol reflects the centralization of media influence in Bogotá. By prioritizing a 'people-first' editorial strategy, the network attempts to bridge the gap between complex political reporting and the daily concerns of the general public, though live confrontations with political figures suggest a high-friction environment for Colombian journalism.

