The National Testing Agency said that no question-paper leak occurred for the NEET-UG 2026 examination [1, 2].

The denial comes as the agency seeks to maintain the integrity of one of India's most competitive entrance exams. With over 23 lakh students expected to sit for the test [6], rumors of compromised materials can cause widespread panic and distrust in the national medical admissions process.

Agency officials said reports circulating on social media and Telegram that suggested the exam materials had been leaked were false [3, 5]. The NTA issued an advisory to aspirants warning against fake claims and urging candidates to rely only on official communications [1, 2].

According to the agency, strict security measures were implemented to protect the examination process [3]. While some reports suggested specific questions may have surfaced, the NTA said that no systemic paper leak took place [1, 2].

The agency said that legal action would be taken against those spreading misinformation or attempting to disrupt the examination process [5]. These warnings were issued in the days leading up to the exam, which was scheduled for May 3, 2026 [1, 2].

The NTA chief said that the exam materials remained secure and the test would proceed as planned [3, 4]. The agency said that the security protocols in place are designed to prevent unauthorized access to the question papers [3].

The National Testing Agency denied that any question-paper leak occurred for the NEET-UG 2026 examination.

The NTA's aggressive denial and threat of legal action reflect the high stakes of the NEET-UG exam. Because the test determines access to medical education for millions of students, any perceived breach of security can lead to demands for re-examinations or legal challenges that delay the academic calendar.