The U.S. Department of Defense released a second batch of declassified files regarding Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena on Friday [1].
This release is part of a broader transparency initiative ordered earlier this year by President Donald Trump. The move signals a shift in how the federal government handles data on objects that defy conventional explanation, potentially opening the door for more public scrutiny of military intelligence.
The latest release consists of 64 files [2]. A Department of Defense spokesperson said these files are being released under President Trump's directive to increase transparency on UAPs [3].
Pentagon officials said the materials were released "for informational purposes only" [4]. The documents follow an initial set of releases aimed at reducing the secrecy surrounding sightings and radar observations of unidentified objects.
While the Pentagon has not provided a detailed breakdown of the contents of every file, some reactions to the observations have been stark. One unnamed source quoted in reporting on the release said they were "speechless after these observations" [5].
The process of declassifying these documents involves stripping sensitive operational data while maintaining the core observations of the phenomena. The Department of Defense has not yet specified if further batches of files will be released as part of the current directive.
“The latest release consists of 64 files”
The systematic release of UAP files under executive directive indicates a transition from treating UFO sightings as a matter of national security secrecy to a matter of public record. By framing the release as being for informational purposes, the Pentagon maintains a distance from validating the extraterrestrial or anomalous nature of the objects while still complying with transparency mandates.





