Prince William gave a rare interview on the UK radio programme “Heart Breakfast” to update the public on Catherine, Princess of Wales's recovery [1, 2].
This update provides a personal glimpse into the royal family's private health struggles and signals the Princess's gradual return to public duties following a period of intense medical treatment.
Speaking during the broadcast on May 22, 2024 [3], Prince William praised the resilience of his wife after she was diagnosed with cancer in 2024 [1]. He spoke about the emotional toll of the illness and the strength required to face the diagnosis while maintaining royal obligations.
“She’s been amazing. She’s been through so much,” William said [1].
He further highlighted her role within the family, noting that she is an amazing mother and a true royal [1]. The couple shares three children: Prince George, 12; Princess Charlotte, 10; and Prince Louis, seven [1].
While the interview focused on her recovery, other reports noted the Princess had previously returned home to recover from abdominal surgery [4]. These details highlight the complex health journey the Princess has navigated over the last year.
A spokesperson for Kensington Palace said that Kate Middleton is recovering well and is looking forward to resuming her duties [4]. This recovery follows a period of significant absence from the public eye, including a gap in overseas travel since 2022 [1].
“She’s an amazing mum and a true royal,” William said [1].
““She’s been amazing. She’s been through so much.””
The Prince of Wales's decision to use a radio interview to discuss the Princess's health represents a strategic shift toward transparency. By addressing the 2024 cancer diagnosis and the recovery process publicly, the royal family aims to manage public speculation and build empathy as the Princess of Wales transitions back into her official role.





