Samsung Electronics management and its labor union resumed final round negotiations on Monday to prevent a planned total strike [1].

A total strike at the South Korean tech giant would disrupt global semiconductor and electronics supply chains, potentially impacting production schedules for millions of devices.

The talks took place at the Central Labor Relations Commission located within the Sejong Government Complex [2]. This emergency session follows the collapse of the third post-adjustment mediation round [1]. After that previous mediation failed, the labor union indicated it would proceed with the strike as scheduled [3].

Minister of Labor Kim Young-hoon intervened personally to mediate the dispute between the company and the workers [2]. The resumption of talks occurred just one day before the planned strike was set to begin [1].

Economist Jeong Cheol-jin said the atmosphere had shifted after the failure of the third mediation round. He noted that when the union left the previous talks and announced the strike, the company's stock price began to drop sharply [3].

Reporter Son Hyo-jung said last-minute negotiations are currently underway between the union and management [2]. The parties are attempting to reach an agreement to avoid the operational paralysis that a total strike would cause.

While some reports previously mentioned a three-day window before the strike, the most recent updates from the Central Labor Relations Commission place the negotiations at D-1, or one day before the deadline [1].

Labor-management negotiations have been resumed on the eve of the strike.

The involvement of the Minister of Labor signals that the South Korean government views a Samsung strike as a systemic economic risk rather than a private corporate dispute. Because Samsung is a cornerstone of the national economy and a critical supplier of memory chips globally, a total strike would likely trigger immediate volatility in the tech sector and pressure the government to force a resolution.