President Donald Trump said on social media that he was prepared to launch a strike on Iran but was persuaded not to do so [1].

The announcement signals a precarious moment in U.S.-Iran relations, suggesting that military action was imminent before diplomatic intervention occurred.

Trump said on his social media account that he had been holding off on a planned strike [2]. According to the post, the operation was scheduled for Tuesday [1]. He said the decision to delay the attack came after he received persuasion and expressed serious concerns regarding the timing [1].

Gulf allies and the prospect of new negotiations reportedly played a role in the decision to avoid the strike [1], [2]. The president said these diplomatic factors were central to his choice to prioritize talks over immediate military engagement.

The post has drawn worldwide attention as observers monitor the stability of the region. While the specific nature of the planned strike was not detailed, the admission that the U.S. was on the brink of an attack underscores the volatility of current geopolitical tensions [2].

White House officials have not provided further details on the specific demands or the nature of the negotiations currently underway. Trump said the pause was a strategic move to allow for these discussions to proceed [2].

Trump said he was prepared to launch a strike on Iran but was persuaded not to.

This development highlights the US administration's strategy of 'maximum pressure,' using the public threat of military force as a lever to bring adversaries to the negotiating table. By announcing a near-strike on social media, the president signals both military readiness and a willingness to pivot to diplomacy, though it increases the risk of miscalculation between the two nations.