President Donald Trump (R-FL) said the U.S. could return to negotiations with Iran at some point [1].
The comment suggests a potential shift toward diplomacy despite the ongoing conflict, signaling that the administration may be open to a negotiated settlement if conditions change.
Speaking in an interview with CBS News on Wednesday, Trump said, "We could go back to talks at some point" [1]. While the president indicated a willingness to revisit diplomatic channels, he also expressed general satisfaction with the current state of the war [1].
This openness to future dialogue comes amid conflicting reports regarding the current status of communication between the two nations. While the president mentioned the possibility of returning to the table, other reports indicate there is currently no dialogue at all between the U.S. and Iran [2].
The administration has not specified what conditions would trigger a return to formal negotiations. Trump said they remain a possibility as the conflict continues [1].
Tehran has previously claimed the U.S. has been seeking engagement, though the White House has not confirmed any active outreach [2]. The tension between the two countries remains high as military operations persist.
“"We could go back to talks at some point."”
The statement indicates a dual-track strategy where the U.S. continues military operations while maintaining a diplomatic off-ramp. By expressing satisfaction with the war's progress while mentioning future talks, the administration is likely using the current conflict as leverage to ensure any future negotiations occur on terms favorable to the United States.



