President Donald Trump said the U.S. could strike Iran again within days if a nuclear deal is not reached [1].
The warning signals a potential escalation in Middle East tensions, as the U.S. administration links military action directly to the success of diplomatic negotiations regarding Iran's nuclear program.
Trump said the U.S. could launch another strike within two or three days if no agreement is reached [1]. This timeline suggests a narrow window for diplomacy before the administration considers renewed military intervention.
The president said that Iran's nuclear activities pose an imminent threat to security [1], [2]. This assessment forms the basis for the possible return to kinetic operations against Iranian targets.
Similar warnings were reported earlier this week on May 17, 2026 [3]. These recurring statements indicate a consistent strategy of using the threat of force to pressure Tehran into a deal.
Trump said that a planned attack was postponed at the request of Gulf allies [1]. This suggests that while the U.S. maintains the capability to strike, it is coordinating its timing and strategy with regional partners to ensure stability in the Gulf.
The administration continues to monitor Iranian nuclear activities while keeping military options open. The current posture emphasizes that the absence of a deal may lead to immediate consequences [1], [2].
“the United States could strike Iran again within days if a nuclear deal is not reached”
The administration is employing a 'maximum pressure' tactic by pairing a strict diplomatic deadline with a specific military timeframe. By citing the request of Gulf allies to postpone previous actions, the U.S. is signaling that it has regional backing for escalation, while the short window for a deal increases the urgency for Iranian concessions to avoid a renewed conflict.





